Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome

First of all let me start by introducing myself and stating my sports alliances.

My name is L.J. and I am a 21 year old college student. I attend the University of Central Florida, originally from Long Island, NY and moved to a small town called Niceville, FL. Love sports, love talking about, watching it, sometimes re-watching it.

We'll start with football because obviously that is the most popular sport in this country right now. I am a dedicated New York Giants fan since 2004. I have followed the team religiously since that time. During my pre-teen years I was never a football fan, in fact I HATED football for reasons I can not think of today. College football is the reason I started watching football in the first place. Moving from the northeast to the south, you can see a huge disparity in the following of college football. I am a huge fan of the Florida Gators.

Baseball I stand with the 27, YES 27 time World Series Champion New York Yankees. I went to my first game in 1995 and I haven't looked back since.

Hockey is a sport that I am most passionate about even though it does not get the publicity that the other 3 major sports get at least in the States. The New York Islanders are a team rich with history and unfortunately for me that history took place before I was born, but I am hoping in years to come I will be there when they write some new history. And I'm not talking about history that has them moving to Kansas City.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I was an intern/sales executive for the New York Islanders during the summer of 2008.

Basketball is a sport that is hard for me to watch, because I can't really get into it, so you will rarely see me write about it in this space unless its something major.

I am an avid golfer and my ups and downs live with Phil Mickelson. Ive been playing since I was 3 years old thanks to my father and grandfather.

Now that you know my teams, know that I am a knowledgeable sports fan. You may hear me rant about my struggles rooting for some of my teams, but you will never see me write something I can't back up. Yes I loath some teams, the Dallas Cowboys and New York Rangers among others, but I give credit where credit is due.

I welcome all comments from all sports fans, but please do not write anything that is not FACT, and keep comments on the topics I am talking about. Also I know we will disagree, probably often, on most topics, but personal and silly attacks will not be tolerated and will be deleted. "Are you stupid" and the like included. Please have respect for me and fellow readers.

I will update as often as I can with topics going around in the sports world, plus on some topics I sometimes have to vent about (Probably after Islanders loses after blowing 3 goal leads), but I hope you enjoy the blog and have some fun.

Please start by introducing yourself and your sports teams in Comments.

1 comment:

  1. better talk about the aussie open next week

    ReplyDelete