Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Where in the World is Tiger?

We have not seen or heard from Tiger Woods since the day after he crashed his Cadillac into a fire hydrant and then a tree in his driveway in Orlando on Thanksgiving. Where hes been since that time is anyone's guess.

Is he out of the country trying to repair his marriage with his wife and his relationship with his kids?...I sure hope so.

Is he on his yacht "Privacy" circling the Caribbean Sea for the past month plus with a bunch of beautiful women?...Possibly

Is he hiding out in the Oheka Castle on Long Island gaining his thoughts and planning his next move?...Probably not

Whatever Tiger is doing, he is contemplating some very important and difficult decisions about his life. When will he return to the sport he has dominated for the past decade? And when he does return, will he be a more open and accessible Tiger Woods?

From my perspective, no matter what he does from now until he retires, he has lost all of my respect. In a press conference years ago, in reference to his personal life, Tiger responded with "you know me." No Tiger, we don't know you. We know nothing about you. All we know about you is what we see on a weekly basis between the ropes on the course. What we all thought we knew about you shattered in the days after Thanksgiving when one woman after another came out admitting their affairs with the man.

Now I have no idea what motives these women had, but I do think we all know what motives Tiger had. I will leave those motives unsaid.

So the question still remains, whats next? Many, including me, have said that he needs to be out their on the course playing in every single tournament he possibly can from now on. But someone told me last month that Tiger Woods has only one shot to repair his life with his wife and his children, and once that shot is gone, its gone and its not coming back. So if he's is out doing that, I would understand. But if he is doing anything other than that, it is a big mistake.

So here is the question, where in the world is Tiger?

1 comment:

  1. Tiger the man, and Tiger the image will never be the same. The fact that he has been in hiding and refuses to talk to people tells me 2 things. Either his wife decided to take a 3 iron to his face, or he is so terrified of what the public is going to think of him that he has secluded himself from the world and reality. Either way, I feel the worst for his kids and I hope he can bottle up his ego enough to tell the world what really happened that night in November.

    ReplyDelete